Saturday 3 January 2009

Why am I sooooo pants at this?

I've been reading a lot of blogs that are done by writers and they all talk about writing 80,000 words and 100,000 words and I've finnished this novel and i've done this story, and this article.
On the one hand it's inspiring - I want to do these things. I want to be able to write 1000 words a day - preferrably for my Dissertation and other writing classes.

But on the other hand it's reminding me of how crap I actually am at this. Am I dreaming about something that I will never achieve? I barely write 100 words in a week let alone 1000 a day. I'm crap. I'm not motivated enough, I always seem to find something better to do with my time i.e. writing on a blog hardly anyone reads. I suppose this time it has a purpose because after writing this I'll spend 10mins looking at my work, I may even print it off so that it's tangible and physical and it might make me feel a bit better about what I've done and motivate me to write more than my usual meager offering. But it I know it wont last, I'll get bored, I'll find something slightly interesting on telly or I'll wander back to facebook when I know I should be sat here doing what I want to do for the rest of my life. If I want it so bad, why can't I just DO it??

Grrrrrr. I'm angry at myself.
I'm going to go and write something useful now, even if it kills me!

2 comments:

  1. go to one of my blogger friends site Jumble Sale Rabbits she has been trying to be an illustrator for a long time but hasn't had the 'lucky' break but she is very resourceful in life to try and achieve her goal. No one said it was going to be easy to do what we want in life!! but 100 words here and 100 words there so enables us to reach our destination.. end of lecture...lol take care, Judith ps I'm blogging too instead of writing my assignment :0 distractions occur whatever age you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thanks, your really sweet. I'll take a look. I've just done a word count, i'm a quarter of the way there. really gotta pull my socks up as my mother would say.

    he he. Do your assingment! :p
    Lx

    ReplyDelete