Monday 12 January 2009

Fines!

Because I'm ill and I can't go to school - I can't return my library books! So now I have fines! I'm mortified. I can't renew them because someone has reserved them but I have a feeling they don't need them anymore because they were for an essay we had before xmas. *Miffed*.

I wan't to go back to Uni, I've got so much work to do but I know the walk from the car park (miles away) to my lecture rooms and library would kill me right now. Mam opened the door earlier to let the cat in and the cold air set me off on a 15min coughing fit.

I wrote a poem! yay! It's very different from my normal attempts so I'm keen to see how it goes down. I'm feeling a lot better about my work now, I feel slightly more motivated and ever so slightly more productive. So now I'm going to go and do some work...... yay!
Lx

3 comments:

  1. sorry you're still coughing but pleased to read that you are feeling more motivated. Concentration is what I need - my assignment is due in tomorrow and I've only completed 945 out of 3000 so I don't feel that it will happen and it will be late!! keep thinking of all the things I have to do and just can't concentrate!! oh well another cuppa and back to grindstone haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No. really sorry to here your having problems with it. Don't worry - I'm sure you'll get it sorted. Try not to think about the word count too much.

    He he, I heard a funny story on the radio the other day. A girl was doing an essay for her degree and handed it in thinking she had done a great job because she found it so easy. Only, when she thought she was looking at the 'word count' she was acctually looking at the 'character count'. lol.

    I'm sure you'll be fine. good luck! I'll be thinking of you. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing the right thing, staying home to recover properly - lots of nasties around just now and you could catch something else in addition if you return to uni while your immunity's low.

    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete