Monday 1 December 2008

Well, what an eventful weekend. The Carol Nash Bike Show to be precise in the NEC.

I am so pooped! I have never driven long distance before, I hate motorways and avoid them at all costs. This weekend however, car laden with potnoodles and crisps, I drove on the M50, M5, M42 and M6!!!! I feel like I should start a list and tick off every Motorway in Britain till I've done them all, but that would be incredable sad of me.

I'm mega chuffed with myself though. This time last year I would never have dreamed of going all that way. I'm such a nervous driver, well, I'm such nervous person full stop. But to top it all off I actually got on a bike and made it move with both feet off the floor and on the pegs. Several times infact. James' face was a picture. I don't think he thought I could do it. Actually, maybe he thought I could do it but didn't expect me to get off a bike rip my helmet off and shake my hair sexy lady style and have a big smile on my face.

I'm slightly worried about Uni this week, but there is no change there. I have a Myth and Narrative essay due on the 12th so I don't exactly have a lot of time to do it. I know i should have started it earlier but I never seem to be able to get my head into gear.
The writing is going OK. It seems like I'm edging towards doing one biggish piece for each of my Dissertation and Writing Culture and Society folders and then filling the space in each with smaller short stories. The biggish pieces arn't going to be so big though. I can never seem to extend a story for more than 4000 words. I'll have ago this year though. I'm starting to think bigger each time but at this rate I'll be starting my first novel when I'm about 45~ish.

OK, I'm going to go and do my essay. wish me luck.

Lx

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    Motorways can be a trial, can't they!

    Nik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I need it. I HATE essays with a passion.

    ReplyDelete