Tuesday 20 September 2011

Well, sat in work wasting time until I have a lesson.
I've exhausted facebook and email and have resorted to writing dribble on the blog.

I've kind of been an aspiring grammar nazi over the last year. Mainly brought about because of my job and the strict criteria we have to follow to ensure students can 'use conventions' of syntax and paragraphing and 'the correct use of' apostrophes and commas.

Thing is, I can't do it. I don't know the rules. I don't see why there should be rules.
I have Dyslexic tendencies - which makes it easier to help students on a one-to-one basis by helping them develope coping mechanisms.

But on the other hand these people look up to me and say things like 'how do you spell abomin....abonim...abonimable......?' well, you get the idea. Miss is unable to help at this present moment in time due to a lexical computation error whereby I CANNOT SPELL!!!

So what if I can't spell. I'm not here to teach people to spell. I'm here to enspire them to pick up a dictionary and better themselves. I can do that.

Teaching has killed my love of language and expression. I need to change this.

No comments:

Post a Comment